Pharr is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 70,400, and in 2019 the estimated population was 79,112. Pharr is connected by bridge to the Mexican city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas. Pharr is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission and Reynosa–McAllen metropolitan areas. Pharr is located in southern Hidalgo County at 26°12′23″N 98°11′7″W (26.206334, -98.185174). It is bordered to the west by the city of McAllen, to the north by Edinburg, the county seat, to the east by San Juan, and to the southwest by Hidalgo. The Pharr city limits extend south in a narrow band to the Rio Grande and the Pharr–Reynosa International Bridge into Mexico.
The community was named after sugar planter Henry Newton Pharr. For a number of years centering around early 1900 Henry N. Pharr was director of the State National Bank of New Iberia, Louisiana, and was a former president of the Louisiana – Rio Grande Sugar Company and the Louisiana – Rio Grande Canal Company, which at one time owned 8,000 acres (32.4 km2) and which, in 1910, built the town of Pharr on this land. Pharr has grown rapidly since the late 20th century, from a population of 32,921 in 1990 to an estimated 77,320 in 2016.In 1987 Pharr annexed Las Milpas.In 2006, Pharr received “The All America City” award.
information provided by wikipedia.org