Hewitt is a city in McLennan County, Texas, United States. The population was 13,368 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Waco Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community of Hewitt was established following the donation of land by John A. Warren, the town’s first businessman, in the 1880s. Warren purchased roughly 40 acres (16 ha) and the town site was named Hewitt in 1883 for George A. Hewitt, an employee of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad. During the following decades, the community flourished on farming and agriculture during the days when “cotton was king”. Hewitt grew slowly but steadily, incorporating as a city in 1960, and the population skyrocketed in the 1970s.
The steady upward growth that continued for more than a century gave way to a 700-percent population boom. In 1890, Hewitt had 60 residents; the town has approximately 13,500 residents as of the 2010 census. In 2015, Hewitt was rated the 20th-best place to live in the United States by MSN Money. Hewitt is located at 31°27′14″N 97°11′42″W (31.453789, -97.195023).According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.9 square miles (18 km2), all of it land. The city is landlocked by the cities of Robinson and Waco (including its extraterritorial jurisdiction). As of the census of 2000, 11,085 people, 3,931 households, and 3,223 families resided in the city.
information provided by wikipedia.org