Cedar Park is a major suburb of Austin in the state of Texas, the center of Austin is approximately 16 miles (26 km) to the southeast of Cedar Park. According to the U.S. Census, the city’s estimated population as of July 2019 was 79,462.Before the arrival of European settlers in the 19th century, the Cedar Park area was inhabited by Native American tribes including the Tonkawa, the Lipan Apache, and the Comanche. A paleo-American archaeological site (named the Wilson-Leonard site) was discovered in Cedar Park in 1983 that showed evidence of continual habitation of the area since circa 5000 BC. In the mid-19th century the community was known as Running Brushy, named after a spring that formed the headwaters of a creek of the same name.
In 1873 George and Harriet Cluck, after having run cattle up the Chisholm Trail for many years, bought 329 acres (1.33 km2) of land that included the Running Brushy spring. Their ranch formed the core of the community that would one day become Cedar Park.Ten years later, the railroad came through. The Austin and Northwestern Railroad, which connected the state capitol with the cities of Burnet and Lampasas to the north, was finished in 1882 and passed through Running Brushy and the Cluck ranch. The community was at this point renamed Bruggerhoff, after a railroad company official. However, the name was generally disliked by locals, being both hard to spell and pronounce. In 1887, Emmett Cluck (son of George and Harriet) changed the community name to Cedar Park.
information provided by wikipedia.org