Winslow Township is a township in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township’s population was 39,499, reflecting an increase of 4,888 (+14.1%) from the 34,611 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 4,524 (+15.0%) from the 30,087 counted in the 1990 Census.Winslow Township was incorporated as a township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 8, 1845, from portions of Gloucester Township. Portions of the township were taken on November 26, 1867, to create Chesilhurst. In 1950, the township annexed a portion of Monroe Township (in Gloucester County).
Winslow Township is Camden County’s largest municipality at 58 square miles (150 km2). The township got its name from the son of a 19th-century glass factory owner, William Coffin Sr., who bought large tracts of timber in Camden County about six miles west of Hammonton and with his son-in-law in 1929. Thomas Jefferson Perce and William Coffin Jr., built the Winslow Glass Works (his second one in 12 years) in the midst of a thick pine forest. The community was named for Senior Coffin’s youngest son, Edward Winslow Coffin.Winslow Township was incorporated in 1845 from the Township of Gloucester.The township’s very first meeting was held at Josiah Albertson’s Blue Anchor Inn which was located on what is now Route 73 in the vicinity of St Lucy’s Church.
information provided by wikipedia.org