Peapack-Gladstone (also written as Peapack and Gladstone) is a borough in Somerset County in the U.S. state of New Jersey. As of the 2010 Census, the borough’s population was 2,582, reflecting an increase of 149 (+6.1%) from the 2,433 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 322 (+15.3%) from the 2,111 counted in the 1990 Census.Peapack-Gladstone was incorporated as a borough by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 28, 1912, from portions of Bedminster Township, subject to the results of a referendum held on April 23, 1912. It is part of the New York metropolitan area, as well as the larger New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY–NJ–CT–PA Combined Statistical Area.
The Moses Craig lime kiln that was in operation until as late as the mid-1930s is located at the center of Peapack.Peapack is believed to have been derived from “Peapackton,” a Lenape Native American term meaning “marriage of the waters”, a reference to the confluence of the Peapack Brook and Raritan River in the area. Gladstone was named in honor of William Ewart Gladstone, who served as British Prime Minister several times between 1868 and 1894.According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough had a total area of 5.80 square miles (15.03 km2), including 5.73 square miles (14.85 km2) of land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) of water (1.21%).
information provided by wikipedia.org