North Wildwood is a city located on the Jersey Shore in Cape May County, New Jersey, United States. It is part of the Ocean City Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city’s population was 4,041, reflecting a decline of 894 (-18.1%) from the 4,935 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn declined by 82 (-1.6%) from the 5,017 counted in the 1990 Census. North Wildwood is home to the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse.The city’s beaches was ranked the fourth-best in New Jersey in the 2008 Top 10 Beaches Contest sponsored by the New Jersey Marine Sciences Consortium. North Wildwood is one of five municipalities in the state that offer free public access to oceanfront beaches monitored by lifeguards, joining Atlantic City, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest and Upper Township‘s Strathmere section.
What is now North Wildwood City was originally incorporated as the borough of Anglesea on June 13, 1885, from portions of Middle Township, based on the results of a referendum held 11 days earlier. The borough was reincorporated on March 6, 1896, and again on May 4, 1897. On May 16, 1906, the Borough of North Wildwood was incorporated, replacing Anglesea Borough.Legislation passed in April 1908 established a potential consolidation of North Wildwood and Holly Beach City into Wildwood, subject to approval of referendums in each of the three municipalities, though this merger never took effect.
information provided by wikipedia.org