Danville is a town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 4,387 at the 2010 census. Danville is part of the Timberlane Regional School District, with students attending Danville Elementary School, Timberlane Regional Middle School, and Timberlane Regional High School. In 1694 the parish of Kingstown (now Kingston) was incorporated, and it included the area known as “Hawke” as the westerly part of the parish. There were some families that lived in this region as early as the mid-1600s, but the first recorded settlements were about 1735. The meeting house in Kingstown was quite a distance for the residents of the westerly part of the parish to travel.
Travel through this part of town was on roads which were little more than footpaths or bridleways that led from farm to farm. The residents of this westerly part of town built their own meeting house (the Old Meeting House) in 1755 and petitioned the Governor on January 2, 1760, to be set apart and to form their own parish. The petition was granted on February 22, 1760, and Hawke was incorporated. They sold pews in the Old Meeting House on June 23, 1760. The Tuckertown smallpox epidemic, one of the most memorable and saddest events in Hawke’s history, occurred in the winter of 1781-82. The Reverend John Page willingly went to the “pest house” to care for those afflicted, only to eventually succumb himself.
information provided by wikipedia.org