Wright City is a city in Warren County, Missouri, United States. It is located on Interstate 70 at mile marker 200 approximately 50 miles (80 km) west of downtown St. Louis. Wright City is a small, semi-rural community area with primarily single-family housing, with some multi-family dwellings. The population was 3,119 at the 2010 census. It has a number of small stores and restaurants. It has various types of light to heavy industrial businesses. Wright City was laid out in 1857, and was named after Dr. Henry C. Wright, a first settler. A post office called Wright City has been in operation since 1858. The Southwestern Bell Repeater Station-Wright City was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.
Wright City is located at 38°49′40″N 91°1′27″W (38.827878, -91.024280). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.06 square miles (15.70 km2), of which, 5.97 square miles (15.46 km2) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) is water.As of the census of 2010, there were 3,119 people, 1,178 households, and 823 families residing in the city. The population density was 522.4 inhabitants per square mile (201.7/km2). There were 1,288 housing units at an average density of 215.7 per square mile (83.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 87.0% White, 5.7% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 3.7% from other races, and 3.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.2% of the population.
information provided by wikipedia.org