Olivette is an inner-ring suburb of St. Louis, located in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 7,737 at the 2010 census.Olivette was settled in the mid-19th century as a small farming community along an old Indian trail originally called the Bonhomme Road (now known as Old Bonhomme, which meets and essentially turns into Olive Boulevard). Olive Road is a ridge road and at one time served as a de facto boundary for housing segregation in outer St. Louis. Olivette was incorporated in 1930 by combining the communities of Central, Tower Hill, Olive, and Stratmann. It was once called Central due to its centralized location along the Central Plank Road (again, now called Olive Boulevard).
In fact, Price Road and Olive Boulevard intersect at the exact midpoint between the Port of St. Louis on the Mississippi River and Howell’s Landing on the Missouri River. Central became the best stop for wagons to restock on their journey between the two stops. Olivette is home to the first brick schoolhouse in St. Louis County at the corner of Price and Old Bonhomme. For the past 150 years, a schoolhouse has occupied this corner. Logos High School sits here now. Olivette is one of the communities in the county that still maintains its own municipal fire department as well as police department. Olivette is located at 38°40′23″N 90°22′38″W (38.672951, -90.377328).
information provided by wikipedia.org