Richmond is a city on the border between Macomb and St. Clair counties within Metro Detroit and the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 5,735 at the 2010 census. Most of the city is located in Macomb County, though there is a small portion in St. Clair County. The city is adjacent to Richmond Township and Lenox Township in Macomb County, although it is administratively autonomous. It is also adjacent to St. Clair County’s Columbus Township and Casco Township. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.89 square miles (7.49 km2), of which 2.85 square miles (7.38 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) is water.
In 1835, Erastus Beebe set out with two brothers and several other people to create a new city out of a wilderness area in Michigan. He founded Beebe’s Corners, which in 1878 agreed to join with the two nearest neighboring communities of Ridgeway and Cooper Town to form the Village of Richmond. In 1879, the Michigan Legislature officially created the village charter. In 1989, the city annexed the Muttonville area of Lenox Township, parts of Richmond Township in Macomb County, and part of Casco and Columbus Townships in St. Clair County. The city has three major parks – Beebe Street Memorial Park, Bailey Park, and Gierk Park. Beebe Street Memorial Park is 38.5 acres (156,000 m2)
information provided by wikipedia.org