Dryden is a village in Lapeer County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 951 at the 2010 census. The village is located within Dryden Township. The Village of Dryden was settled in 1836 and was called Amboy. It was located 1 mile North of its present-day located at Dryden and Mill Roads. In 1837, then known as Lomond, held its first town meeting since settling the previous year. A store was built here as early as 1840 by Mr. Johnathan Sweet who owned most of the land. It was known as Lamb’s Corners in homage to the man who bought the land from Mr. Sweet, John M. Lamb, starting in 1846 and the named stayed for several years. The name Dryden for its village was eventually picked and it was to pay honor to the poet, John Dryden.
The 1840s was the decade in which many businesses were first established in the village. It was incorporated as a village in 1887. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.10 square miles (2.85 km2), all land.As of the census of 2010, there were 951 people, 368 households, and 260 families living in the village. The population density was 864.5 inhabitants per square mile (333.8/km2). There were 387 housing units at an average density of 351.8 per square mile (135.8/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 98.0% White, 0.4% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.3% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.1% of the population.
information provided by wikipedia.org