Buena Vista ( BEW-nə-VIS-tə) is an unincorporated community within Buena Vista Charter Township, Saginaw County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The U.S. Census Bureau has defined a census-designated place (CDP) with the same name for statistical purposes. The CDP has no official status as a municipality and the boundaries defined by the Census Bureau may not precisely correspond to local understanding of the Buena Vista area. The CDP consists of an area adjacent to the city of Saginaw on its east side and mostly east of Interstate 75. The population was 7,845 at the 2000 census. Buena Vista began in 1846 when Curtis Emerson bought an abandoned mill here and created a settlement around it.
It was named to commemorate Zachary Taylor’s then recent victory at the Battle of Buena Vista.On July 30, 2013, the Saginaw Intermediate School District Board of Trustees officially dissolved the Buena Vista School District with the district area being split up between three other districts.According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.5 square miles (12 km2), all land. As of the census of 2000, there were 7,845 people, 2,905 households, and 2,077 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,750.6 per square mile (676.1/km2). There were 3,192 housing units at an average density of 712.3 per square mile (275.1/km2).
information provided by wikipedia.org