White Hall is a city in Greene County, Illinois, United States. The population was 2,520 at the 2010 census.A post office called White Hall has been in operation since 1827. This area was the home to a long, white tavern owned by James Allen, which was the only hotel between Carrollton, Illinois and Jacksonville, Illinois. The town got its name from the fact that when a stage was approaching the tavern, the driver would call out “Next stop, the White Hall.”White Hall is located at 39°26′22″N 90°23′57″W (39.439466, -90.399248).According to the 2010 census, White Hall has a total area of 2.637 square miles (6.83 km2), of which 2.58 square miles (6.68 km2) (or 97.84%) is land and 0.057 square miles (0.15 km2) (or 2.16%) is water.
As of the 2010 census, there were 2,520 people, 1,031 households, and 657 families residing in the city. The population density was 956 people per square mile (369/km2). There were 1,031 housing units at an average density of 391 per square mile (151/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 98.81% White, 0.04% African American, 0.32% Native American, 0.12% Asian, 0.24% from other races, and 0.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.52% of the population.There were 1,031 households, out of which 29.87% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.52% were married couples living together, 13.19% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.28% were non-families. 31.52% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.42% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
information provided by wikipedia.org