ADT Home Security Monitoring in District of Columbia
When it comes to making life just a little bit smoother and safer in a wonderful place such as District of Columbia, ADT Monitored Home Security can be your main solution for keeping your family and belongings safe and secure.
An ADT home monitoring system for your home can change your life for the better, letting you explore and enjoy all that you love in District of Columbia. ADT home monitoring is more than just home security, it raises the bar to better living. It’s a chance to live your daily life without all the worry and stress.
For over a century, ADT monitoring systems have paved the way in home security. As the #1 home security provider in the country, ADT knows all the vital facts and components that are necessary in keeping our 7+ million home and business customers safe. It’s why so many people in District of Columbia and the rest of the nation count on us for their safety.
Let SafeStreets USA help protect your home and possibly reduce your odds of a burglary and other dangers with an ADT monitored security system. This one change provides 24/7 home security protection, protecting everything you love dear
Learn more about ADT Monitoring
Fill out the form to get a FREE Quote and learn how ADT Monitoring can help secure your home and family for as little as $1 a day!
Choose the Security Package That’s Right For you
You have certain home security needs that you are looking for in District of Columbia. This is why Safe Streets USA offers several different monitoring packages for you to choose from. These include the Basic Package ($27.99/mo.), Basic Wireless Package ($48.99/mo.), ADT Pulse ($52.99/mo.), ADT Pulse + Video ($58.99/mo.). Each comes with the following standard security equipment:
- Wireless Control Panel
- 3 Wireless Door/Window Sensors
- 1 Wireless Motion Detector (Pet Immune)
- 1 Window Decal and Yard Sign
Please note that you can get ADT home monitoring even if you don’t have a landline. If you only have a cell phone, the Basic Wireless package is an especially great option for you and your household. Looking for wireless security monitoring with remote management, security automation features and/or video? Check out ADT Pulse.
Tip: Don’t come home to a stench
Getting ready for your getaway? Good for you! But first, make sure your house is ready for you to be gone. We’ve talked before about preparing to be away, with a post on five ways to make your house look occupied while you’re gonein order to deter burglars. Those tips are:
- Tip 1: Get a house sitter
- Tip 2: Leave a car in the driveway
- Tip 3: Hire someone to take care of your lawn and yard
- Tip 4: Keep the electronics going
- Tip 5: Keep your vacation to yourself
And of course there are the obvious tips like put your mail and newspaper subscription on hold so papers aren’t piling up and screaming “this house is empty!” to interested passers by.
But there are other precautions to take before you go to besides making it look lived in, steps you can take to make sure you’re not neglecting important tasks or leaving behind a potential mess you’ll have to contend with when you get home. Definitely follow our advice to make your house look occupiedwhile you’re on vacation, but also do the following so your homecoming can be as pleasant as can be:
Tip of the week: Home Office Safety Tips
Plan for the Worst
You may not want to think about life’s dangers but things like fires can affect anyone at any time. Even if the likelihood of an emergency in your home office is small, it’s important to plan for the worst and be prepared.
We recommend thinking of a list of possible dangers in your own office and items that you would need should this become a reality. We’ve suggested the essentials.
Home Office Safety Solutions
- Smoke Alarms – You will already have these in your home but why not install another in your office due to the large amount of electricals? Remember to check the batteries regularly.
- Fire Extinguishers – Make sure you are confident with using one before you do so. Be aware that there are various types for different types of fire. Keep a cool head if a fire occurs and make sure you use the right type.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – You might put your headache down to your heavy workload but what if you’re actually being poisoned? Installing a detector is easy and necessary safety solution.
- First Aid Kit – Even if you do not recognize an immediate risk, accidents can and do happen. An easy to access first aid kit means you can quickly fix up your injury and get back to work.
- Liquids and Electrical Equipment – Don’t store any liquids next to anything electrical. The smallest spill could easily lead to a fire.
- Water – It sounds obvious but without a designated lunch break, you might forget to keep hydrated. Look after yourself by drinking regularly and give yourself time to eat. Just keep any drinks away from electronics.
We strongly recommend investing in power cord ties. Leaving numerous cords strewn across your office makes you vulnerable to fires and falls. It’s quick and easy to minimize the risks with this simple accessory.
Other simple tidy safety solution tips for your home office include having a designated coaster location for drinks to minimize risk of spills and an indoor trash can to prevent any buildup of litter.
Prevent Theft of all Types
As a remote worker, you are likely to have a large amount of valuable belongings – as well as data – stored in your home office.
To protect your data, you can practice good computer security by installing virus software, having strong passwords and backing up your files. Consider using a password manager as an extra level of security.
It’s important to look after your physical belongings as well. You may be well-protected against virtual threats but you need to prevent real intruders too. The amount of sensitive files in your office put you at risk of identity and data theft.
There is also the danger of burglary. If your equipment was stolen, you would suffer financially as this can stop you from working. Consider installing a burglar alarm to safeguard your office space. You should always protect your home office in the same way a shop owner would protect their stock.
Security Safety Solutions for Your Home Office
- Motion Sensors – These will monitor movement so that you can be alerted if there is suspicious activity in your home office.
- Video Surveillance – Home surveillance is very useful for crime reporting as well as prevention due to its use as a deterrent. You can also use it for reassurance thanks to our Interactive Video service so you can see live video of your home office wherever you are.
- Remote Access – It’s not just video surveillance you can access on your smartphone but also your door locks, thermostats and lights as well as alert systems. There’s no need to worry about whether you’ve locked up or not as you can do it all from the palm of your hand. You can also turn the lights on when you’re out to deter would-be burglars away.
Remember, your home office is your workplace and you’re the boss. Look after it!